Terms and Conditions
By signing this agreement you acknowledge that:
- You are over the legal age of 18 years.
- You are one of the registered owners of the property at the Installation Address & your name is on the Title Deed of the Installation Address.
- You have never before received or been approved for any Incentive, Financial Assistance, Solar Credit, or Small-Scale Technology Certificate (STC’s) for small generation solar power system at the Installation Address.
- Where applicable, you authorised CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD to conduct such credit or financial background checks on yourself, or any guarantors, as deemed necessary by CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD. You acknowledge that CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD may disclose information pertaining to such checks to the relevant Credit Reporting or Recovery body, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- This agreement is deemed to have been made in Queensland & shall be interpreted in accordance with the relevant legislation. All parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.
PAYMENT & STC’S
- You are agreeing to pay CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD the STC’s as part payment for your system. CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD must receive full payment prior to or on the day of the installation via Cheque(CHQ), or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD withholds the right to postpone or cancel your installation if payment is not received as stipulated below. CHQ payments must be payable to CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD & provided to our installer on the day of installation. EFT payments must be completed 48 hours prior to the date of installation unless otherwise stated & you must provide us with written proof of the transfer.
- You agree to pay CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD the STC’s for the installation as part-payment for your system. The STC’s will be paid directly to CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD or an authorised CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD Agent. If the Office of Clean Energy Regulator (http://www.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au) determines you are not eligible to receive STC’s, & therefore CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD is unable to receive the STC’s, you will be liable to pay CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD the value of the STC’s as determined by market rates.
- If you are not eligible for STC’s, or if you wish to claim the STC’s yourself, you must notify CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD in writing & the complete payment for the system (including trading costs of the STC’s) is due prior to installation.
- You acknowledge that if you breach any conditions of the STC Regulations, you may be financially liable to the Office of Clean Energy Regulator. If you commit any breach of the STC Regulations, you acknowledge that CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will not be liable to you or the Office of Clean Energy Regulator on your behalf.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD, or an authorised CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD Agent, will arrange for the complete documentation & processing of the sale of the STC’s. You acknowledge that the price of STC’s is governed by market movements & the Renewable Energy Certificates (REC’s) guidelines. If the market price of STC’s falls below a certain point, as determined by CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD at its absolute discretion, CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD may decide to delay the installation until the price rises, or cancel your installation & refund your complete deposit.
- If you fail to pay any amount that is due & payable under this agreement other than any amount you have paid using Certegy Ezi-Pay Finance, CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will be entitled to charge interest on the unpaid amount at the current Reserve Bank target cash rate plus 2%. You will also have to pay CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD any costs associated with the recovery of such unpaid amounts.
- Failure to pay the complete amount may result in CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD taking legal action against you.
AUTHORITY OF ACCESS TO PROPERTY
- You authorise CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD & its Contractors, Employees, & Installers full access to the property at all reasonable times to carry out work associated with the installation of your solar system, including Site Inspections, the Signing of Paperwork, the Delivery & Installation of the Solar PV System, & Grid Connection.
- Your cooperation is required to enable such works to occur at the earliest possible time which is convenient to CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD & the customer.
- In the event that you, the customer, breach this agreement and you have not used Certegy Ezi-Pay Finance, including but not limited to failure to pay the complete amount owing under this agreement, you authorise CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD or any person/s authorised by CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD in writing, upon giving reasonable notice, to enter the property at the installation site, or location where the goods are reasonably believed to be held, for the purpose of examining or recovering the goods. You also agree to indemnify CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD for the costs of removal, enforcement, & legal action.
LIABILITIES & RISK
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD accepts no responsibility for insurance or insurance risk of the solar system upon installation. It is your responsibility to ensure that your property insurance adequately covers your Solar PV System.
- You acknowledge CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD accepts no liability or responsibility for your Feed-in-Tariff (FiT), as administered by the relevant Government body. You need to contact your electricity retailer or relevant State or Territory government before signing this contract in relation to the applicable feed in tariff. You need to check before signing a contract the new electricity tariff rates that may apply; and after installation of the solar PV system, to confirm that the agreed tariff has been applied. Your electricity contract/tariff may change following installation of the solar system. The “feed in tariff incentive” is administered by the relevant State or Territory government.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss caused to your property which has not been caused by the installer’s negligence. All CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD installers are contractors who are working for CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD have appropriate third party insurance including public liability & property damage. CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will work with you & the installer to rectify any damage caused at your property to resolve the matter as a result of installer negligence.
- You acknowledge that CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will not be responsible for any damage caused to old & brittle roofing tiles that may be cracked or damaged during installation.
- Unless otherwise stated, CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD accepts no responsibility or liability for additional costs or delays in relation to your need to obtain an upgrade of your meter box, sub-board, or the installation of a new meter; the removal & handling of asbestos at your property in relation to the installation of the Solar PV System; or the installation of timers, contactors, switches, or other wiring & work in relation to Electric Hot Water, Slab Heating, Climate Saver, or O-Peak meters.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD accepts no responsibility or liability for delays in installation if any information provided by the customer is incorrect.
- You acknowledge that any electricity provider’s compulsory meter box upgrade required for your property is not included in this Agreement. You may choose to utilise the electrician providing the solar installation at extra cost for a meter box upgrade or via the customer’s own resources. Smart Meter Installation & Smart Meter Programming required for your property is not included in this agreement.
- If the existing switchboard and/or electrical infrastructure at the installation address, or any other surf aces or structures where the System is to be installed, do not comply with all relevant legal requirements (including all relevant codes and regulations) you may need to repair, replace or upgrade those at your own cost prior to the installation.
- You will be paid a full refund upon request when extra chargeable work arises, which was not specified in the initial contract, and you did not subsequently consent to these additional costs.
- In the event that the meter box is located remotely from the inverter installation location, & such costs are not provided for in the relevant CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD quotation, the customer will be required to arrange & pay for the additional work.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD’s quote does not include additional costs in relation to reconfiguration of your meter as part of the Grid Connection Process which comes from your Power Distributor or Electricity Retailer.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will not be liable for any unexpected costs which may arise in relation to the removal and handling of asbestos at your property in relation to the installation of the solar system.
- If you are connected with any Electric Hot water/Slab Heating/Climate Saver/Off Peak Meter you will need to arrange wiring work at your own cost, including installation of timer/contactors/any amps switches to control the system. CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD is not responsible for any losses arising from delay in connecting to the grid.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will make every reasonable effort to install your system in a timely manner; however CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will not be bound to meet estimated or proposed delivery, installation, or system completion dates resulting from issues which CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD has no control over including but not limited to, limitations on worldwide material availability, peaks in demand created by changes in Government legislation, inclement weather, & other forms of force majeure. Delays in Installation or Grid Connection are not valid reasons for claiming a refund or compensation from CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD.
- Unless otherwise stated additional costs may be applicable for extra work required on the day of installation such as splitting of the system into more than one bank, horizontal fixing of panels, & extra charges for meter box upgrades where required.
- Delays in installation are not grounds for cancellation & CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD is not liable to you for any perceived loss as a result of these delays.
- If difficulties with site access are encountered which CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD was not made aware of prior to the day of installation, the additional costs incurred may be payable by the customer.
- Before the installation can commence, & modifications to your roof take place, you are required to arrange payment with the scheduling department for the balance payment of the system. All goods & products remain the property of CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD until your payment or, if applicable, finance payment is received.
- A Home Owner or otherwise Authorised Person must be present during installation to sign the mandatory declaration assigning the STC’s to CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD, as per the Renewable Energy Act (2000). Should the installer arrive on the agreed date & a Home Owner or otherwise Authorised Person is not present, a rescheduling fee of $200.00 will apply & the installation will be delayed.
- Upon signing the agreement, any requests for modifications to the material/equipment may incur an administration charge of $200.00. A new quote will be generated for any changes required.
- You agree to provide CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD with whatever personal information is required for the efficient functioning of CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD on your behalf, in particular with relation to the processing of STC’s & your Grid Connection.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will only provide your information to its contractors, employees, & installers as is required to effectively perform the required work.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will only provide your information, on your behalf, to the relevant bodies (for the processing the STC’s), & the Electricity Distributor & Retailer (for connecting your Solar PV System to the grid).
- Unless otherwise stated & agreed upon, CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will not provide your personal information to any third parties other than those mentioned above.
- On the day of installation you must sign all necessary documents as is required for the fulfilment of all parties’ obligations under this agreement
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will not sell your personal installation under any circumstances.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD provides you with a 5 year warranty on the operation and performance of the entire system – including workmanship and products, within the Guarantee Period, including by replacing all or part of the System where necessary, within a reasonable timeframe at no cost to you. The system comes with up to 10 year’s installation warranty from CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD in conjunction with the manufacturer’s warranty. These warranty rights are additional to your Consumer Guarantee rights provided under the Australian Consumer Law (2010) ACL which cannot be excluded in any way.
- You are entitled to claim a remedy if the goods and services we provide are not of acceptable quality within the meaning of the ACL or the standards set out in our warranty. CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will implement all warranty repairs within a reasonable time.
- The Solar PV System comes with up to 10 Years Installation Warranty from CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD in conjunction with the Manufacturer’s Warranty. A Warranty Booklet will be presented to you at installation, which also outlines that the Solar PV System requires servicing every two years by a licenced Solar Installer.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD does not provide warranty on monitoring systems, which may come with the inverter.
If you have paid us money under this agreement, but the agreement ends for any of the following reasons before we install the System at your Premises, we will promptly refund all of the money you have paid:
- The estimate delivery timeframe for installation completing that was agreed upon at the point of contract has not been honoured, for reasons reasonably within CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD’s control and you have not consented to a revised timeframe
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD does not obtain Grid Connection approval prior to the installation or your Grid Connection application is refused by the distributor
- If any of the equipment quoted is unattainable and you do not agree to equipment of a similar quality to be substituted
- The final system design which we have provided to you is significantly different to that quoted at the point of contract and has not been signed off by you or the site-specific full system design and performance estimate has been provided as a deliverable of the contract and this information has not been provided before the expiry of the cooling off period and you have not consented to this information upon receiving it
- Extra chargeable work arises which was not specified in the initial contract and the additional costs are either not agreed to by you or not borne by CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD.
- You have right to cancel this agreement without penalty within 10 business days from and including the day after you signed or received this agreement. You may terminate this agreement by delivering written notice of termination of CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD.
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD may choose to terminate this agreement & your installation if you do not abide by these Terms & Conditions or if there are delays in the installation process or supplier prices increase & CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD is unable to proceed with the installation as per this agreement; in which case the full deposit will be refunded via CHQ or EFT (unless otherwise stated).
- Termination after the ten (10) days may result in the loss of the full deposit paid. Furthermore, as we normally procure the required materials within two weeks, or fourteen (14) days, of receiving a signed copy of this agreement, the customer you may be required to pay material costs if the job is cancelled after this period.
INSTALLATION AFTER DECEMBER 31ST 2019
- CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD recommends the installation be completed before the 31st of December 2019. Installations after this date will result in additional cost as a result of impending changes with the REC Registry. Specifically:
- The quoted price is applicable only if the installation is completed before December 31st 2019.
- If the installation has not been completed by 31st December 2019, you will be required to pay an additional cost of up to $1,000 in excess of the quoted price.
- Cancellation Requests as a result of this change may result in the loss of any deposit paid, or part- there-of, in accordance with our standard policies regarding Cancellation / Termination.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prices mentioned on the website are applicable for a standard install. See below for details. Specifications for a standard install:
- House should have the following features: Single storey house, pitched roof and the meter box should be up to date as per following specifications:
- Fibre fire-proof backboard.
- The casing should be made out of metal and not wood/chipboard.
- No loose wires, which should be neatly tucked.
- No old ceramic switches – only circuit breaker switches.
- Enough space should be available to install an isolation switch.
- Please refer to ‘Australian Standard AS-6002-1999 Domestic electric meter enclosure’ for further details.
- The property should be in the metro area of the respective city. Metro is defined as follows:
- NSW: 80 km from the Hunter office at Newcastle.
- Install address must:
- Have clear, unhindered vehicle access for our installers.
- Have a completed home, notunder construction with wiring/power supply complying with current electrical standards.
- Have a suitable location for the inverter. If location is exposed or is in the open, a weatherproof cover may be required.
- The advertised price is only valid for the tin roof (Flat roof not included) & single storey house. Extra charges will be applicable to tile/flat roof or multi-storey property.
- The advertised price is applicable if the solar system purchased is eligible as per the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme and you agree to assign the rights of the STCs to CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD.
- The price advertised is not applicable if you require finance.
- A minimum deposit of 10% is payable when ordering your solar system.
- The Goods remain CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD’s property until the purchase price is paid in full. Until you pay the full purchase price, you will be the custodian of the goods. The following points must also be adhered to:
- You must keep the goods in your possession.
- You must keep the goods in good condition and protect them from any damage.
- The goods must be kept in a location appropriate to the nature of the goods, separately and marked so that the goods are clearly and easily identifiable as the CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD’s property.
- If you change the location of the goods, CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD must be informed immediately.
- You must under no condition sell, assign, change, pledge, lien or other encumbrance to be created in relation to the goods.
- If you sell any of the goods while they remain the property of CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD, the proceeds from the sale are owed to CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD and must be paid to CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD immediately.
- If you do not pay CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD the purchase price of the goods by the due date, CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD may require you to deliver the goods back to them. The cost of delivering the goods back must be borne by you.
- 48 hours’ notice will be given by CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD to you for the return the goods. If you do not return the goods within 48 hours, you must allow CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD to enter your premises to take possession of the goods.
30 DAY PRICE GUARANTEE
As part of our Customer satisfaction policy, CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD customers can have peace of mind before purchasing a solar system that they will be getting the lowest and most competitive prices available in the market.
To show our commitment to giving customers the lowest prices, CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD offers a “Lowest Price Guarantee” to all of our customers. Simply provide a lower priced written quote for a comparable stocked item to our friendly solar consultant and we will beat it by 10%!
Our Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to products which are out of stock, wholesale trade quotes, stock liquidations and commercial buyers.
CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD will beat any competitor’s quote by 10%, provided it fulfils the following conditions:
- Must be a formal quote and not a verbal quote or an email confirmation.
- The price quoted by the other company cannot be a liquidation sale price.
- The price guarantee can only be redeemed once per customer.
- The price guarantee offer is applicable only for the metro areas (as defined above)
- The price guarantee is only for products with the comparable models and specifications as the CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD product.
- The price guarantee only applies to currently stocked items.
- The price guarantee does not apply to trade prices or commercial quantities.
To apply a 30 Day Price Guarantee claim, the claim must be lodged within 30 days prior to installation and evidence of the approved Competitor’s lower advertised price with proper quotation must be provided at the time the claim is made. Payment for the relevant purchase must have been paid in full and the product taken or delivered. We will verify the price is current and that the item is available for immediate sale and delivery. Applies to individual shoppers only, corporate claims are not permitted. There is a limit of one claim per property.
30 Day Price Guarantee claims can be made in Our office or by calling 0417 240 934 against local competitors by providing a copy of the purchase docket and the local competitor’s advertisement. The local competitor must have a physical office within 80km of CAMBEY ELECTRICAL PTY LTD office. We will pay you the price difference within 21 business days.
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org